As suggested by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council [NAAC], Bangalore in pursuance of the National Action Plan, our college has established an Internal Quality Assurance Cell [IQAC] as a post-accreditation quality sustenance measure. The National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC), Bangalore accredited the college with B grade in the year 2004 for the five years. At present, the college is planning for reaccreditation process.
The basic purposes of the IQAC are:-
a) to ensure continuous improvement in the entire operations of the institution, and
b) to assure stakeholders connected with higher education - namely, students, parents, teachers, staff, would-be employers, funding agencies and society in general - of the accountability of the institution for its quality and probity.
Some of the functions of the IQAC are:
- Development and application of quality benchmarks / parameters in various activities of the institution.
- Dissemination of information on quality aspects.
- Organization of discussions, workshops, seminars and promotion of quality circles.
- Recording and monitoring quality measures of the institution.
- Acting as a nodal agency of the institution for quality-related activities.
- Preparation of the Annual Quality Assurance Report and such other reports as may be decided from time to time.
The IQAC will prepare the Annual Quality Assurance Report [AQAR] by the end of every academic year.